Effect of a counseling Program to Lessen the Anxiety of Learning Swimming for the Students of College of Sport Education
Al-Rafidain Journal For Sport Sciences,
2014, Volume 20, Issue 65, Pages 343-378
AbstractThe research aimed at :
1. Recognizing the level of swimming –learning anxiety for the first-year students / college of sport education / Mosul university .
2. Preparing a counseling program to lessen swimming-learning anxiety for the first-year students / college of sport education / Mosul university .
3. Finding the effect of the counseling program on lessening swimming-learning anxiety for the first-year students / college of sport education / Mosul university .
The researchers have adopted the experimental methodology for its convenience to the nature of the research . The research sample includes the first-year students / college of sport education of those can not swim. Thus, the research sample includes (20) students as ( 37.73%) from the total research community (semester 2012-2013).
The researchers have used (scale of swimming anxiety ) prepared by (Mohammad Hasan Allawi) . Also, they constructed a counseling program to lessen swimming-learning anxiety which they applied on the experimental research sample . The program includes (10) sessions .
The main research experiment has been applied on the experimental group at the swimming pool of Mosul university from 6/3 to 8/5/2013. The researchers have used the statistical means (arithmetic mean, standard deviation, percentage , t-Test for the correlated samples , t-Test for the independent samples, and simple correlation coefficient “Pearson” ).
The researchers have concluded the following :
1. The effect of the counseling program on lessening swimming-learning anxiety for the experimental group observed clearly via the appearance of statistical-significant differences between the experimental group and the control group and for the benefit of the experimental group.
2. The counseling program which applied on the experimental research group had a clear effect on their comprehension to their anxiety case and their dealing with it .
3. The researchers have noticed the research sample during the practical lessons of swimming , and find that the experimental group was able to learn swimming in a period shorter than the period lasted by the control group which indicates the effectiveness of the adopted counseling program.
In addition, the researchers have recommended the following :
1. The present counseling program can be useful in facilitating the task of ( the teachers and trainers ) in learning swimming for the future , and the importance of the counseling programs besides the educational programs of swimming .
2. The need to select counseling pearson of those with psychological- specialization or the experienced of psychological of counseling in order to apply the counseling programs.
- Article View: 135
- PDF Download: 86