Comparative study of achievement motivation in sports for volleyball players in the scientific and humanitarian colleges of the University of Mosul
Al-Rafidain Journal For Sport Sciences,
2013, Volume 19, Issue 63, Pages 103-115
AbstractThe research aims to
- Identify the level of motivation of phsical achievement for volleyball players in the scientific and humanitarian colleges .
- Identify the differences between the level of motivation of phsical achievemen for volleyball players of both scientific group and humanitarian group of colleges.
- Identify the differences between the players of both of scientific and humanitarian colleges.
The sample incluled (60) players representing six teams of colleges of the University of Mosul, by (3) teams of each of the scientific community and humanity at a rate of (10) players from each team, the researchers used measure of motivation of phsical achievemen which was prepared by (Mohammad Hassan Allawi, 1998). The researchers used the bages (spss) for statistical data processing to obtain the arithmetic mean, standard deviation and t-test, analysis of variance.
After viewing the results and discussed them the researchers found the following:
- There were high level of motivation of phsical achievemen for volleyball players of colleges of the University of Mosul.
- There were no significant differences of motivation of phsical achievemen for volleyball players for the two sets of college science and humanity.
Acording to these results the researchers recommended the following:
- Emphasis on the psychological aspects because of its effect in promoting self-confidence and motivation of achievement.
- Pay aHention to the development of elements of physical fitness in general and focus on developing the components of fitness for a game of volleyball.
- Conduct similar research in a variety of other games.
- Article View: 155
- PDF Download: 155