Standardizing Motor Intelligence Tests for Male Kindergarten Children Age (5-6) Years In Mosul City
Al-Rafidain Journal For Sport Sciences,
2013, Volume 19, Issue 61, Pages 124-156
AbstractThe research aims at :
- Standardizing Motor Intelligence Tests for Male Kindergarten Children (Age 5-6 Years ) In Mosul City
- Evaluating the level of motor intelligence for Male Kindergarten Children (Age 5-6 Years ) In Mosul City.
- Setting standard levels and degrees of motor intelligence tests for male kindergarten children (Age 5-6 years ) in Mosul city.
The researchers have adopted the descriptive methodology with survey style for its convenience to the nature of the research. The research community has been represented by male-kindergarten children (preparatory class) (Age 5-6 years ) at the governmental kindergartens in Mosul city (the right and left sides of the city ) who are registered for the term (2011-2012) and represent (1860 )children , distributed on (28) governmental kindergarten. The sample of the research has included (30) children for the pilot studies, (30) children for performing the discriminating validity , and (30) other children for performing reliability . All of the children have been selected randomly. While, for the sample of constructing test standards , the researchers have adopted to select the children firstly on the geographical style. Thus, the City of Mosul has been divided into two sides (right and left) .Then , Eight kindergarten have been selected to represent (4) kindergarten at each side of the city at a proportion (28,6%) from the total number of the kindergartens. So , their number is (215) children selected randomly from the kindergartens. Therefore ,the total number of the sample is (305) children. While the means of collecting data are represented by analyzing the content of the scientific references , the questionnaire , the scientific in interview , test ,and measure meat. The researchers have used the motor intelligence tests prepared by (Sha’ban, 2007) as a tool of the research. The pilot studies have been performed on the tests and then modulated. Next, the scientific interactions have been done for the tests ,which represent : the validity of the juries, the discriminating validity, content validity, reliability by (test - retest) and tests subjectivity. The following statistical means have been used (the arithmetic mean, mode , the standard deviation, coefficient of skewenss, simple correlation coefficient, t-Test for two independent samples and percentage ) .
The researchers have concluded the following :
- The motor intelligence tests have been suitable for the research sample. The degrees of the sample are close to be normal distributed .
- Most of the male-kindergarten children (5-6 years old) in Mosul city are enjoying intermediate motor intelligence level and above.
- Setting standard levels and degrees for the tests of motor intelligence for male-kindergarten children (Age 5-6 years ) in Mosul city.
- Article View: 109
- PDF Download: 164