The effect of using two styles of conditional playing in the limited area of the court on a number of physical and skillful variables for young soccer players
Al-Rafidain Journal For Sport Sciences,
2010, Volume 16, Issue 55, Pages 207-231
The research has aimed at revealing the following:
1. The effect of two touches- playing style on a certain number of physical and skillful variables.
2. The effect of three touches- playing style on a certain number of physical and skillful variables.
3. The statistically significant differences between both techniques of playing on a certain number of physical and skillful variables.
4. The differences between the change ratio between both techniques of playing on a certain number of physical and skillful variables.
The experimental methodology has been employed for its convenience with the nature of the research. The research population has been chosen intentionally and consisted of (33) players from Ninevah football club aged (16-19) for the football season (2009-2010). The research sample has been consisted of (24) players divided into two experimental groups in the amount of (12) players for each group. The percentage of the research sample has reached (72.72%) from the total population of the research after excluding (9) players. Equivalence between the two groups of the research has been achieved regarding the variables of (age, height and weight) and a certain number of physical variables ( vertical explosive power of the legs, agility, maximum transitional speed, muscular power of the legs, speed endurance, legs' strength endurance) and certain skillful variables (short pass, medium pass, calm down, near scoring). The experimental design referred to as ' the randomly chosen equivalent groups of vigorous controlled with pre and post test).
As for the main steps of the research, the first step was performing an interview with some specialists to identify the number of touches that can be followed inside the limited area of the court as well as the physical and skillful variables that serve the aims of the research. While the second step was rationalizing the proper exercises of the research through identifying the limited area, the number of players and gradation possibility of the difficulty of exercises within a single medium cycle. The third step was establishing a training course and submitting it to some specialists for necessary modifications. Three pilot studies were conducted, the first has aimed at realizing the possibility of accomplishing physical and skilful tests and avoiding mistakes and obstacles during execution. The second experiment has aimed at conducting the selected drills within the limited areas and players formations within them and the intensity control applied. The third experiment has aimed at conducting a full training unit by both playing techniques (the research sample).
Pre physical and skillful tests have been conducted within two successive days followed by a training course of two medium sessions with a load movement undulation of (3:1) in an amount of eight weekly sessions each short session has included three training units. Therefore, (24) training units were accomplished throughout the course. Post physical and skilful tests were conducted by following the same procedures followed in accomplishing the pre tests. The following statistical treatments were applied to deduce the findings: (arithmetic mean, standard deviation, t-test of the dependant and correlated samples, percentage and progression percentage).
The researcher has attained a number of conclusions, the most important of which were as follows:
1. The two touches- playing technique has achieved a significant progress in all the physical and skillful attributes and the basic skills as well at comparing the findings of the pre and the post physical and skillful tests in favor of the post tests.
2. The three touches- playing technique has achieved a significant progress in all the physical and skillful attributes and the basic skills as well at comparing the findings of the pre and the post physical and skillful tests in favor of the post tests.
3. No significant differences regarding the physical attributes and the basic skills at comparing the findings of the post physical and skillful tests between both techniques of playing.
4. Two touches playing technique has achieved a good difference regarding the change percentage of the two skills of the short pass and the near scoring at taking differences in the arithmetic means between both techniques of playing. While the three touches playing technique has achieved a good difference in the change percentage of the calm down skill at taking the differences in the pre and post arithmetic means between both techniques of playing.
The most important recommendations were as follows:
1. Training courses based on correct scientific bases should be applied in order to develop both the physical and the skillful aspects.
2. The coaches of the game should be asserted upon to concentrate on the drills and exercises that are closer to the atmosphere of contests and matches for their positive effect on enhancing and developing the physical and skillful aspects.
3. Coaches of football games should be confirmed upon to have the exercise times more similar to the main working times of the match in order that the coach be able to develop and improve the operational power system needed by the players and that serve in achieving football physical and skillful tasks.
- Article View: 227
- PDF Download: 125