Effects of Athletic and Therapeutic Exercises Program to Decrease on the Lower Back Pain and Knee Joint Pain in pregnant Women
Al-Rafidain Journal For Sport Sciences,
2009, Volume 15, Issue 51, Pages 204-230
AbstractThe study aimed at setting athletic and therapeutic exercises program to decrease the lower back pain and knee joint associating pregnancy and acquainting the effects of the two areas is affected more . program to reduce the pain in addition to know which .
The sample included (23) pregnant women. their averaged (20-32) years. and their pregnancy durations were between (5-7) months. The researcher sets a questionnaire to assess the pain of lower back as well as the grade of pain. After that. the questionnaire was presented to the sample to answer it pre and post carrying out the program. After collecting the data and processing it statistically. the following results were found:
1. The study found that the presented program helps in relieving both lower back pain as well as knee joint pain in pregnant women.
2. It was also found that the program was more helpful in relieving knee joint pain than lower back pain.
The study recommended the following:
1. Generalization of the program to medical centers that are concerned with pregnant women and maternal health.
2. Encouraging pregnant women to practice specific exercises during and after pregnant that are useful. safe. and easy to perform to insure healthy pregnancy.
3. Avoid using analgesic because they have side effects.
4. Arranging scientific meetings among experts of pregnancy. sport medicine and physiotherapy to encourage these people to advice pregnant women to make use of this program and similar programs.
- Article View: 154
- PDF Download: 973