The Quality of the Training Environment for Athletics Players in Iraq
Al-Rafidain Journal For Sport Sciences,
2021, Volume 24, Issue 74, Pages 84-102
The research aims at:
- Construction and applying a quality standard for the training environment among the players of athletics in Iraq.
- Identifying the quality of the training environment among the players of athletics in Iraq.
The descriptive approach was used in the survey method, and the research community included the players of athletics who participated in leagues and Iraq institutions for athletics championship (categorized into: advanced, youth, and amateur) including both men and women in Iraq for the 2019 sports season (905) players, representing (52) clubs, while the research sample was (109) players divided into two sections. The first section included the sample of the construction (60) players, and the inquiry experiment included (5) players, while the second section included the application sample which reached 40 players, and the stability sample reached (30) players, and the number of the excluded players was (4) players, because they didn’t complete answering the questionnaire. And it was used to measure the quality of the training environment which was adopted by the researchers as a tool for collecting data. The Construction procedures included: (determining the axes of the scale, determining the method of drafting the paragraphs of the scale, drafting the paragraphs of each axis in its primary form, in addition to adopting scientific steps and procedures in Construction the scale, which includes honestly the content and the apparent honesty for the measure and the sincerity of the construction represented by the statistical analysis of the paragraphs in the style of two opposing groups and the internal consistency. The half-way partition in stability method was used. The researchers used (SPSS) to obtain (arithmetic mean, standard deviation, simple correlation coefficient of Pearson, Spearman-Barr equation). T test, Chi square, percentage, mean average).
The researchers concluded the following:
- The effectiveness of quality measurement of the training environment among the players of athletics in Iraq, which was built by the researcher according to the scientific principles for the construction of sports measures.
- The players of athletics in Iraq are characterized by having a good training environment.
The researchers recommended the following:
- The possibility of using the quality measurement of the training environment, which was built by the researcher on different samples of sports clubs after making the appropriate adjustments in proportion to the type of sample and the sports effectiveness upon which application is made.
- Improving the quality of trainers' performance through their participation in development courses aimed at raising their scientific and practical capabilities to serve various sports activities.- Improving the quality of trainers' performance through their participation in development courses aimed at raising their scientific and practical capabilities to serve various sports activities.
- Article View: 270
- PDF Download: 59