Effectiveness of strength training by free weights and modern weight equipment in muscular strength, measurements, and body components of bodybuilders
Al-Rafidain Journal For Sport Sciences,
Volume 22, Issue 70, Pages 84-141
AbstractThe research aims to reveal the following :
- preparing a training program for muscular strength of bodybuilders by the use of free weights and modern weight equipment training .
- Effectiveness of training of strength by the use of free weights on muscular strength aspects (maximum strength and strength durability) of arms , arms and chest ,back feet, and abdomen muscles endurance, and measurements and body components of bodybuilders between pre and post-tests of the first experimental group.
- Finding the effectiveness of training of strength by the use of modern weight machines on muscular strength aspects (maximum strength and strength durability) of arms , arms and chest, feet ,back and abdomen muscles endurance, measurements and body components of bodybuilders between pre and post tests of the second experimental group.
- Significance of differences between pre and post tests for the first and second groups on muscular strength aspects (maximum strength and strength durability) of arms , arms and chest, feet ,back and abdomen muscles endurance, measurements and body components of bodybuilders.
The researchers used experimental approach as a suitable one for the research . The study was conducted on (50) players of body.A sample of 20 subjects was selected intentionally after primary tests and conducting some body measurements . The sample was divided randomly into two experimental groups (each of 10 subjects) controlling each other. The first experimental group executes the training program of free weights, the second experimental group executes the same training program but with the use of modern training weight machines .Consistency ,objectivity and verification factors have been conducted for the tests used in the research .Then, homogeneity of test sample and equivalence between the two groups of the research are done in the variable of (length, mass, time age and training age ) maximum strength (for arms muscles , arms and chest muscles ,back muscles ,legs muscles and abdomen muscles ).
Experimental design of two groups that control each other has been used . Pre-tests for two groups have been conducted and then the adopted training program has been executed in the research. The first group executed the training program using free weights where as the second one executed it using modern weight machines .
The procedure of the research included designing a training program and offering it to specialists .It also, included conducting a questionnaire and determining frequencies and amounts of weights as well as periods of rest . Pre-tests were also conducted for physical variations ( maximum strength and strength durability ,measurements , body components represented by perimeter ,skin curve thickness ,body density and percentage of fats , fat weight , and weight without fat and body mass).Then , the training program was executed, The training program took 9 weeks including 3 intermediate courses with 4 training sessions per week and a load of (1:2) in each intermediate session . Post-test then conducted after the execution of the program to calculate the differences between the two tests for each group separately, and comparing them in physical tests by using the same procedures adopted in tests and pre-tests.
The researchers reached the following conclusions :
- The training programs of free weights and modern weight machines made a positive development in muscular strength aspects (maximum strength and strength durability) of arms, arms and chest, feet ,back and abdomen muscle.
The researchers recommened the following:
- Training by using free weights is recommended for those who want to get muscular hugeness.
- Article View: 59
- PDF Download: 35