Keywords : Skillful Exercises
Effectiveness of Skilful Exercises on the Performance Level of Twisting Movements on the Carpet of Floor Exercises for Youth Gymnastic Players
Al-Rafidain Journal For Sport Sciences,
2014, Volume 20, Issue 66, Pages 1-21
The research aims at revealing the following :
- The effectiveness of skilful exercises on the performance level of twisting movements on the carpet of floor exercises for young gymnastic players for the experimental and control samples .
To verify the research objectives , the researchers have set the following hypotheses :
1. There were significant differences in the pre and post tests in the skilful performance level of twisting movements on floor movement carpet in gymnastic for the experimental group and for the benefit of the post test.
The research methodology and field measures :
The research has been performed on a sample of the youth team of Nineveh governorate in gymnastic ( age 14-18 years ).The research sample includes (10) players divided into (5) players in a group selected intentionally via a lottery by drawing numbers (1 to 10) and placed in a case in a way that each player draws a certain number . The researchers named the owners of the odd numbers under the control group and the owners of the even numbers under the experimental group. The research items were applied completely in terms of the tests , evaluating performance level of twisting
Effectiveness of Skewing Movements Exercises
movements , pre and post "tests" for both experimental and control groups under the same circumstances in terms of the availability of modern training hall and modern gymnastic devices for both research groups . The researchers adopted the experimental methodology for its convenience to the nature of the research.
The research measures included distributing a questionnaire form to the specialists and experts to determine some skilful exercises and performance level of researched movements .
To verify the achievement of equivalence and homogenous between both groups in variables of ( age , height and mass ) and the skilful exercises and technical performance level of twisting movements on the carpet of floor exercises determined for the research by the experts and specialists .A training program has been designed and applied on the experimental group as well as making a number of survey experiments to transcend the problems and difficulties in performing exercises in addition to the suitable repetitions and suitable times of rest for these exercises that suit the research sample .Then , pre-tests for some skilful exercises and the level of skilful performance have been performed . Next, the experimental group has performed the program prepared by the researcher . The training program was lasted (8) weeks during intermediate courses as (4) short courses for the first course , and (4) short courses for the second course . The researcher has performed post-tests in a number of skilful exercises and the performance level of twisting movements and the same steps followed in the pre-tests .
The researcher has obtained the following results :
After finishing the research measures , the researcher has obtained the following results :
- The training program of the experimental group affected positively on developing the skilful performance level by the device of floor exercises .
- The training program for the experimental group achieved a development greater than the training program for the control group in developing the skilful performance level by the device of floor exercises in addition to the twisting movements from (180-1080) .
- Using the training program of twisting exercises in developing skilful performance level .
- Gymnastic trainers interested in training special basic skills as right basic point for all movements on the carpet of floor exercises .
- The gymnastic trainers need to make verity of exercises and the possibility of investing the properties of these exercises to develop skilful performance for gymnastic players .
- Paying attention to train acrobatic twisting movements for their big and effective value in raising degrees of difficulty to maximum .
The effect of skillful exercises by both training methods , The Repetition and Interval in some basic skills of youth football players
Al-Rafidain Journal For Sport Sciences,
2014, Volume 20, Issue 65, Pages 145-168
The research aimed to detect the effect of:
1 .The Skillful exercises by repetition training in some of the basic skills of youth football players.
2. The Skillful exercises by interval training in some of the basic skills of youth football players.
The researchers used the experimental method for its convenience to the research nature. The research sample was consisted of (16) players from Qaraqosh football club players under (19) years age for the Season (2012/2013) .The research sample was divided into two experimental groups with (8) players per group , the homogeneity and equivalence were achieved between both of the research groups in (age, height and weight) variables and the basic skills under study which are ( short passing , (heading) hit the ball with the head , ball receiving , close shooting and dribbling).
The researchers had used questionnaire, personal interview and the test as a tools for data collection.
The researchers had designed two training courses , the first with the repetition training and the second with the interval training . The pre-skillful tests were carried out in two consecutive days, and then the training courses were performed in two intermediate cycles with undulation load movement (3: 1) in the amount of (8) short cycles , Next the post- skillful tests were performed with the same procedures that followed in the pre-tests.
The researchers had attained to number of conclusions and the most important one were :
1- The players of the first experimental group that used repetition training method were transcend on the players of the second experimental group that adopted the method interval training in the basic skills of football, that, (Dribbling, ball receiving , heading).
2- The players of the second experimental group that used interval training method were transcend on the players of the first experimental group that used repetition training method in (close shooting and a short passing) skills.
The researchers had recommended number of recommendations and the most important is :
The importance of applying the training courses with both training methods (The Repetition and Interval) based on correct scientific foundations in the developing all football basic skills