Author : YAlhyali, Mahmood Hamdoon
The impact of skillful physical exercises by applying the time of special endurance on certain skillful variables of youth soccer players
Al-Rafidain Journal For Sport Sciences,
2012, Volume 18, Issue 59, Pages 1-28
The research aims at revealing the following:
• The differences in some skillful variables of both groups’ players, the experimental & the control in pre & post-tests.
• The differences in some skillful variables between groups, the experimental & the control in post-test.
To verify the research objectives; the researchers has established the following hypotheses:
• Significant differences were shown in some skillful variables of the experimental & control group between both pre & post-tests in favor of pre-test.
• Significant differences were shown in some skillful variables between the experimental & control group in post-tests and in favors of the experimental group.
The researchers have adopted the empirical methodology for its convenience with the nature of the research and the experiment was performed on a population of young players from Ninevah soccer club consisted of (30) players aged between (16-19). They were intentionally chosen and randomly distributed into two groups, experimental & control, in the amount of (10) players for each. (10) Players were excluded as (7) of them were dedicated for pilot study and (3) were goalkeepers.Consistency & equivalence between both groups under discussion were achieved regarding variables such as age ,height ,weight as well as skillful variables that have been identified by experts and specialists.The researcher has also adopted the experimental planning which is called ‘designing the control group of a random choice with pre & post-test.’The researcher have applied statistical means such as the arithmetic mean, standard deviation Person’s simple correlation coefficient, percentage, T-test of correlated samples and T-test of independent samples.
The researchers has concluded the following :
-The training course with skillful and physical exercises style by applying special endurance has resulted in developing all basic skills such as dribbling, near scoring, short pass, medium pass, long pass, calming down and hitting the ball with the head out of comparing the findings of pre & post-tests of the experimental group:
• The course prepared by the coach has led to the development of well as some basic skills including dribbling, scoring, long pass and hitting the ball with the head out of comparing the findings of pre & post-tests of the control group.
• The experimental group that applied skillful and physical exercises by using special endurance has developed better than the control group which has applied the training course prepared by the coach in all basic skillful under discussion, by comparing the findings of the post-tests between both groups.
• Training courses that follow the interval training method allow the coach to operate and control the load components of training and would lead to develop basic skillful of soccer players.
• The way of choosing exercises regarding their types, numbers and equal distribution of skills had an evident impact on developing all basic skillful.
The researchers has recommended the following:
-The necessity of applying the skillful physical exercises by using special endurance in training soccer players.
-Low-intensity interval training method should be applied in developing special endurance as well as basic skills of soccer players.
-Taking care of age groups and urging on sport clubs and institutions to supply necessary equipment that that coach needs in training units when he applies this kind of exercises in particular.
- Similar studies and researches should be performed on other regulated games.
*Keywords: skillful physical exercises- special endurance -youth soccer players