Author : A. Abdel Hameed, Khalid
Effects of suggested motor program on developing basic motor skills of the students of second class in primary school
Al-Rafidain Journal For Sport Sciences,
2006, Volume 12, Issue 42, Pages 131-154
The research aimed at :-
- Being aquatinted with the effects of using motor game program and the
traditional physical education program in developing some basic
motor skills of student second class in primary school .
- Comparing between the results of pre and post tests of motor
games program and traditional physical education program in
developing some basic motor skills of student second class in primary school
The research hypothesized the following :-
- There are significant differences between the results of the students of
both , post test and pre test , of basic motor skills for both
- There are significant difference between the posts tests of basic
motor skills for both group .
The experimental method was used because it suits the nurture of
the research , the sample included ( 40 ) students of second in class primary schools and divided into two groups at random .
The first was experimental which used the motor games programs on
completion style basis ,while the second one applied the traditional physical program , the most basic motor skills was determined by a team of experts specialized in methodology of teaching and motor learning and processed by validity and stability .
Sets of tools were used in the research , then equality between
the two groups in some variables and tests of basic motor skills
was achieved .
The program conducted within ( 14 ) learning sessions lasted
( 7 ) weeks , with ( 2 ) sessions a week .
The post test of both research groups was processed statistically by
using ( mathematical mean , standard deviation and "t " test .
The researchers concluded the following :-
- The motor game program and the traditional physical education
achieved a development in the basic motor skills .
- The motor game program achieved development in comparison with the pre and post test .
The researchers recommended the following :-
- Using motor game program for primary school students for its
active effects .